Impact Resistant Shingle Roofing
Roof Installation & Repair
Asphalt shingles are composed of a base material – organic felt or glass-fiber mat that provides support for the weather-resistant components that give asphalt shingles strength. Asphalt, fillers and surfacing materials in the form of shingle granules provide protection from impact, UV degradation and improve fire resistance. Shingles are available in a wide variety of types, colors, textures, and styles. Options like simulated slate or HD shingles can create an appealing appearance without the cost of more pricey materials.
GAF Timberline® ArmorShield™ II Asphalt Shingles
Asphalt shingles have moved into the 21st century, offering modern shingles with class 4 impact resistance to give greater resilience to impact from hail and dimensional shingles which give the appearance of stone or tile. One of the leading asphalt shingle manufacturers is GAF.
- Potential Insurance Savings – Passes UL 2218 Class 4 Impact Test, and may qualify for insurance discounts. Each shingle is labeled with special information needed to qualify for premium discounts according to the requirements of the Texas Department of Insurance.
- Excellent Wind Performance – Meets Class F wind rating from Underwriters Laboratories—the highest rating possible. Dura Grip™ Adhesive seals each shingle tightly and reduces the risk of shingle blow-off. Shingles warranted to withstand maximum wind gusts of up to 130 mph!**
- Impact Resistant – Passes UL 2218 Class 4, UL’s toughest impact test (shingles show no evidence of cracks or ruptures on front or back of shingle immediately after impact). Compare to “standard” shingles, which may have ruptures or cracks visible on the front or back of the shingle immediately after large hail impact.
- High Performance – Designed with Advanced Protection® Shingle Technology, which reduces the use of natural resources while providing excellent protection.
- StainGuard® Protection. – Helps ensure the beauty of your roof against unsightly blue-green algae For more information on GAF Shingles click here.