Low Slope/ Flat Roofing
Low slope and flat roofing systems are completed very differently than steep slope roofing, and should be constructed by a seasoned roofing team. These systems demand specialized drain systems, seals, and implementation strategies. With so many low slope and flat roofing options, it can be difficult to decide on the right material for your roof. The Alpine Roofing experts will discuss each of your options with you, so you can rest assured that your roof will last for decades to come.
Single-Ply Roofing Systems
Single ply roofing systems offer simplicity and energy conservation, as they are typically rolled out and adhered or fastened directly. This installation method helps deliver strength and protection from weather as well as length of life. Whether you opt for TPO, EPDM, or PVC, your new single ply system offers a long life span, averaging close to 25 years and more with warranty protection.
Benefits of a Single-Ply System Include:
- Energy-efficiency because it reflects sunlight, which helps keep a building cooler in the summer.This can lead to lower energy bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Durability and long lifespan; these roofs can last up to 30 years with proper maintenance.
- It is also resistant to fire, wind, and hail, making it a good option for business owners in hurricane-prone areas.
- Easy to install, which can save on labor costs.
- It is also lightweight, which can reduce the strain on a building’s structure.
Modified Bitumen roofs are systems that are most often roll-applied to the roof surface. They are similar to asphalt roofs but they have additional polymers in their materials that provide added protection from the elements and help in increasing the lifespan of the product. Modified Bitumen Roofing Systems are commonplace and have a good reputation. Many times, Modified Bitumen roofs are installed by rolling out the roofing material after it has been heated with a blow torch. The heating process allows the material to adhere to the roof surface.
The Benefits of Modifed Bitumen:
This material has high reflectivity ratings, meaning the surface of your roof stays cooler in the sun and the inside of your building stays cooler on hot summer days. It is typically a quick install and the system adheres very well to the roof surface because it is melted and bonded upon application.
Find out more about each of our supply partners and the benefits of an asphalt roofing system.