Ideal for low slope, steep roofing and everything in between Metal Roofing Systems are perfect for residential and commercial roofing applications. Strength, durability, and heat reflecting make metal roofing systems perfect for the harsh Dallas Texas environment.
Today metal roofing systems have evolved far beyond the traditional corrugated iron roof of the past. With lockable seams, multiple textures, a variety of shapes and designs, endless colors and coatings engineered to not only protect the roof but reflect heat; even sheet metal roofing has come of age. The benefits offered by Metal Roofing Systems allow homeowners to upgrade their homes with products of lasting value.
- Proven performance expectation of 50+ years
- Beautiful styles to match any home or neighborhood
- Interlocking panels for maximum wind resistance
- Fire resistance
- Energy efficiency by keeping homes cooler
- Low weight to help preserve structural integrity and life
Metal Roofing Systems can be made from a variety of metals and alloys including Galvanized steel — hot-dip zinc galvanized G-90 and G-60 steel (a less expensive, thinner-gauge steel, often used in low-end, lower-cost corrugated and ribbed metal panels), Galvalume steel — zinc and aluminum coated steel (A more expensive and longer lasting coating compared to G-90 steel.), stone-coated steel (G-90 galvanized steel), aluminum, copper, zinc, terne (zinc-tin alloy), and stainless steel.
2. The downside of galvanized steel (G-90, and especially G-60) is that it can corrode, eventually, especially when exposed to moist, salt-spray environment such as in close proximity to water or salt. This can be however mitigated by coatings and regular maintenance.
3. Steel is the most frequently used material in both residential and commercial applications, mainly due to its lower cost.
4. Aluminum is the second most popular material. It is more durable and longer lasting than steel, but only costs a fraction of the price of premium metals, such as copper or zinc. The main drawback of Aluminum is it is much softer than steel
5. Aluminum is also one of the best metals for areas that are prone to salt exposure.
6. Copper roofs are the most durable and can last for hundreds of years. However, It is, however, a costly choice, if is this reason that copper is used as an architectural detail, accents or feature.
Call Alpine Roofing Construction today for a quote on a new Metal Roofing Systems.
Insulated Metal Panels for our Metal Roofing Systems are insulated metal roofing panels. The #8211 Insulated Metal Kingspan panels have a longer life span that gives it the capability of requiring fewer structural supports than other similar building materials.
These panels have many advantages including:
- Lightweight- These lightweight panels arrive to the job site ready for installation which allows for faster and easier installation.
- Higher insulating capabilities- Less insulation space is needed to comply with building energy codes which lead to maximized enclosed space, as well as providing an architecturally pleasing appearance with our concealed fastener profiles.
- Longer Spanning Capabilities- The metal panels require fewer structural supports than similar building materials, which may reduce the building’s framing cost in both material and labor. Versatility can be used as part of your wall or metal roofing system.
- Coatings and Textures- Insulated Metal Panels come in a variety of finishes to suit all of you needs. This panel offers a multitude of design options and can be utilized for your metal roofing systems, or even wall applications.
- Array of Colors- Offering a vast selection of applied finishes, they allow the building’s exterior to resemble a precast or stucco, masonry, and other conventional construction materials.
Therefore the metal roofing system can be customized for the need, design, and function of most construction applications. These metal roofing systems can meet all your commercial or residential needs. Adaptable to use with many other building materials including concrete tilt-up, stucco, brick, block, single skin metal panels, glazing and EIFS.
Talk to Alpine Roofing Construction’s today, your Metal Roofing Systems certified experts, for free insulated panel system information regarding your commercial or industrial property.